Opmerking bij alle ABN-AMRO clusterbommen artikelen op deze pagina’s.
In februari 2004 maakte de ABN bekend zich terug te trekken uit INSYS.
Office for Official Publications of the European Communities
REGULATION (EEC) No 4064/89 MERGER PROCEDURE Case No COMP/M.2583 -INSYS / HUNTING ENGINEERING
Only the English text is available and authentic.
Article 6(1)(b) NON-OPPOSITION
Also available in the CELEX database
Document No 301M2583
Rue de la Loi 200, B-1049 Bruxelles/Wetstraat 200, B-1049 Brussel – Belgium
Telephone: exchange 299.11.11
Telex: COMEU B 21877. Telegraphic address: COMEUR Brussels.
COMMISSION OF THE EUROPEAN COMMUNITIES
SG (2001) D/291321
To the notifying party
Dear Madam(s) and/or Sir(s),
Subject: Case No. COMP/M.2583 – INSYS/HUNTING ENGINEERING
Notification of 07.08.2001 pursuant to Article 4 of Council Regulation (EEC)
No. 4064/89 (1)
Publication in the Official Journal of the European Communities No. C 234/15 of 18.08.2001
- On 07/08/2001, the Commission received notification of a proposed concentration pursuant to Article 4 of Council Regulation (EEC) No. 4064/89 by which the Insys Group Ltd (INSYS), controlled by ABN AMRO Holdings N.V. (ABN AMRO), acquire within the meaning of Article 3(1)(b) of the Council Regulation control of the whole of Hunting Engineering Ltd (HEL) by way of purchase of shares. The business activities of the undertakings concerned are:
– for INSYS: a new holding company created to acquire HEL. HEL is controlled by ABN AMRO which is active provision of financial services world-wide – for HEL: provision of goods and services to the defence sector, including systems integration, systems analysis and project management services and the manufacturing of components and systems.
- After examination of the notification, the Commission has concluded that the notified operation falls within the scope of Council Regulation (EEC) No. 4064/89 and of paragraph 4, b of the Commission Notice on a simplified procedure for treatment of certain concentrations under Council Regulation (EEC) No 4064/89 2 .
- For the reasons set out in the Notice on a simplified procedure, the Commission has decided not to oppose the notified operation and to declare it compatible with the common market and with the EEA Agreement. This decision is adopted in application of Article 6(1)(b) of Council Regulation (EEC) No. 4064/89. For the Commission
Member of the Commission
2 OJ C 217, 29.07.2000, p. 32.
1) OJ L 395, 30.12.1989 p. 1; corrected version OJ L 257 of 21.9.1990, p. 13, as last amended by Regulation (EC) No 1310/97, OJ L 180, 9.7.1997, p. 1, corrigendum in OJ L 40, 13.2.1998, p. 17.