11 July 2011-European anti-arms trade groups have endorsed international calls for an arms embargo on Israel.
The call comes seven years after the ruling by the International Court of Justice that the wall (the so-called “separation barrier “) between Israel and the Palestinian Territories was an illegal construction.
For information on military relations between Israel and Europe see http://disarmtheconflict.wordpress.com/
In support of the call of the Palestinian Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions National Committee we, groups of the European Network Against Arms Trade ask the European Parliament and European countries to:
- Immediately cease any provision to Israel of arms and related material of all types, including the sale or transfer of weapons and ammunitions, military vehicles and equipment, para-military police equipment, including dual-use equipment, and spare parts; and also cease the provision of all types of equipment and supplies and grants of licensing arrangements for the manufacture or maintenance of these weapons.
- Stop all military and dual-use imports (equipment, assistance and munitions) from Israel.
- Stop the transfer of military products to and from Israel through national ports, territory and airspace.
- Stop cooperation with the Israeli army, military companies, and military-related R&D projects, including joint ventures (whether bilateral or multilateral).
- Halt all military-related training and consultancies with the Israeli army, military companies and academic research institutions.
- End all military aid to Israel.
- Refrain from any cooperation with Israel in the manufacture and development of nuclear weapons and mobilise for a nuclear-free Middle East.
- Campaign Against Arms Trade – United Kingdom
- Campagne tegen Wapenhandel – Netherlands
- Centre d’Estudis per a la Pau JM Delàs (Justícia i Pau) – Barcelona, Spain
- Gruppe für eine Schweiz ohne Armee (GSoA) – Switzerland
- Spokeman for Kampagne gegen Rüstungsexport – Germany.
- Bundesausschuss Friedensratschlag – Germany
- Norwegian Peace Association – Norway
- Osservatorio Permanente sulle Armi Leggere (OPAL) di Brescia – Italy
- Peace Union of Finland – Finland